My carpet is flooded – What should I do?
1) Deal with it quickly – Timeliness and speed of fixing the wet carpet is absolutely critical. The quicker we can start the drying process, the less damage to your home and goods. Call a professional like Electrovac to come deal with the matter urgently.
2) Stop Secondary Damage – Secondary damage, such as microbial growth and odour can happen very quickly. This is a health risk to you and your family. Electrovac Carpet Cleaning’s staff will walk you through the complete process.
3) Sort Out Your Insurance – Professional companies like Electrovac will happily help you with your insurance needs such as filing a claim if assistance is needed. We work with all insurance companies and are familiar with the necessary steps while filing a claim.
We understand that water damage is a very stressful issue. We are here to guide you through every step and to get your home or business to pre-loss condition as quickly as possible!
Safety Steps for when you have a water emergency:
Below are some safety steps you can follow to minimise the impact to your house:
- Do not enter the area that has standing water due to electrical shock hazard.
- Turn off circuit breakers to the area affected.
- Turn off the water source if possible.
- If a repair is needed for a leak or whatever the source of the water was, call a professional.
- Call professional Water Restoration Company such as Electrovac Carpet Cleaning.
- Remove small articles that are on wet surfaces and be careful where you are placing them, they are most likely wet.
- Remove personal items such as; shoes, toys, paper items, etc.
- Place plastic wrap or foil under furniture legs that are on wet surfaces that cannot be moved.
- Remove any breakables from the affected area such as china, collectibles, glassware etc.
- In the event your draperies get wet, put the bottom of the draperies through a clothes hanger and hang it to the top of the curtain rod. Furniture skirts can also be pinned up.
- Keep children and pets from the affected area.
Some handy emergency wet carpet cleaning & restoration tips
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping or sweeping
- Wipe furniture dry and block it up to allow the base to dry
- Lift draperies off the carpet, loop through a coat hanger, and place
- the hanger on the drapery rod
- Remove wet area rugs or other loose floor coverings
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors, and luggage to enhance drying
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread them out to dry
- Do not use ordinary household vacuum to remove water
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or wet floors
- Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on
- Do not lift tacked down carpet without professional help. Lifting the carpet – incorrectly could damage the backing of the carpet